Remitly is a US based (Headquarters in Steattle) based money transfer company.
Remitly is best for:
- Small transfers. New users can send up to $/£/Euros 999 daily.
- Transfers to and from most of Asia, Europe, US, Australia. New countries are being added every month
- Fast transfers. Send money in minutes with a debit card or credit card.
- Joining bonus: based on region. First transfer is free for all along with that based on your region you may get additional discount if you join using the link:Remitly
How much does Remitly cost?
Based on what amount you are sending, where you are sending and how you are making the payment the fee will vary. For example, in EU sofort payment are entitled for no additional charges while, Credit card has additional transaction fee of around 3%.
Which countries can I send money to?
Remitly currently sends from the US, Canada, the UK, Australia and most of the EU to these countries:
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
- Sri Lanka
and many more are being added frequently
How do I send money through Remitly?
Send money quickly from your computer or mobile device with these steps:
- Log in or create an account using the link:Remitly
- Register with an email address, your personal information, your date of birth and passport / BRP / SSN (based on your country)
- Send money. Choose your recipient’s country and enter how much you’re sending.
- Enter recipient’s information. Provide your recipient’s name and contact information, including their mobile phone number. If you’re sending a bank deposit, also enter your recipient’s banking details.
- Choose your payment method. Pay with your bank account, credit card or debit card.
- Confirm your transaction.
- Click “Send Money” to complete your transfer.
- Check your mobile phone. Remitly will send text updates on your transaction to your phone.
Pros and cons of Remitly
- Fast: Send money in minutes from your computer or mobile
- Transaction updates: Get updates on transfer progress on your phone via app or text
- Secure: SSL with 256 bit enryption keeps your data and money safe
- cash pickup services: Send to more than 10,000 agent locations. While Remitly offers cash pickups, this option isn’t available in all countries it services
- Low maximum daily limits. Needs approval and extra documentats to vave the limits
- Higher fees for expedited service. Credit card transactions and transfers to certain countries can be expensive.
- Requires government-issued ID. Higher-tier requirements could deter those without an ID.