Remitly is an online international money transfer service allowing people in the U.S., Canada, the Eurozone, Australia and the U.K. to send money to over 40 countries around the world. As a digital alternative to traditional money transfer services, Remitly makes money transfers fast, secure and relatively inexpensive.
Remitly is mobile-optimized and you can send money abroad using their online money transfer service or the Remitly app on your smartphone or tablet. Remitly provides its services in English, Spanish, French, German, Polish, Italian, Turkish, Romanian and Vietnamese.
Funding your money transfer is easy, Remitly lets you pay via bank transfer, debit, or credit card. Your beneficiary has multiple choices on how they pick up their money:
- They can have the transferred money deposited into their bank account in their local currency
- They can pick up their money in cash from any of 140,000 Remitly agent locations around the world
- They can have money transferred directly into their mobile wallet on their smart device.
- They can have money delivered to their home address
Please note that not all delivery options are available in all locations.
Due to their focus on digital technology and mobile apps, remitly fees are reasonable and they provide good exchange rates for money transfers and currency exchange. We’ve covered this in detail in the “Fees and Exchange Rates” section below. Remitly offers two main types of money transfer service:
- Economy: You fund these money transfers with a deposit from your bank account. The fees are typically lower than the Express service, and in some cases there might be no fee at all. Transfers normally take three to five days.
- Express: You fund these transfers with your debit or credit card. The fees are higher and you will sometimes need to pay a card processing fee. The money is normally available to the beneficiary within minutes of you making payment.
Please note that depending on the country where you’re transferring money, you may be limited to only one of these options.
Like many other money transfer services, remitlydoes have daily and monthly limits on how much you can transfer, depending on your “tier.” Once you’ve signed up, you can get access to higher tiers by providing Remitly with additional information and identification.
Remitly lets you send money from the following countries
The remitly app and online transfer service lets you send money from the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, the U.K. and the U.S.A.
Remitly lets you send money to the following countries
The Remitly app and online transfer service lets you send money to the following countries around the world: Argentina, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Uruguay and Vietnam.